Title: Senior Marketing Writer
Reports to: Director of Digital Strategy
The Senior Marketing Writer is responsible for the conceptualization and creation of marketing/advertising copy, often teaming up with design professionals as well as in collaboration with other agency staff. This position also serves as a content-creator as necessary to support client needs.
The Senior Marketing Writer will produce copy for all mediums:
- social media
- radio and TV scripts
- research documents
- any other materials to support our client marketing efforts
Flexibility, adaptability, and the ability to learn quickly in various technical and creative environments, while delivering quality work with tight deadlines, are key attributes of a successful candidate.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Conceives and executes both copy and content which deliver to the input of creative direction. Includes omni-channel writing on digital and print mediums
- Responsible for generating original concepts, concise and compelling copy, and informative and relevant content, all with grammatical and material accuracy
- Following input from the Director, Senior Marketing Writer sees work through to its production
- Must also be able to work productively and harmoniously on a team with designers, developers and account services personnel who share the responsibility on the given assignment
- Participates in and contributes to the new-business activities of the agency
- Ensures quality standards as determined by best practices and client guidelines
- Serves as a de facto editor/proofreader on content generated by others
- Works to foster innovative solutions in regard to writing as well as other areas impacting the agency, clients or industries
- Builds relationships at appropriate client/vender levels
- Works closely with upper management to identify and suggest innovative solutions to a variety of issues
- Keeps abreast of current trends and the latest technological advances that impact our work and regularly shares them with others in the agency
- Highly creative and imaginative, as well as curious about clients’ products or services
- Skilled in writing clear, concise, and on-strategy copy
- Able to generate engaging content, including necessary research
- Understand the different language styles that appeal to various target markets, including the subtleties between B2B, B2C, and content
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Works well in a team and with a range of creative people
- Able to work under pressure and manage workloads effectively
- Highly self-motivated and well organized
- Able to see other people’s points of view and take critical feedback
- Works within strict budgets, both time and monetary
- Understand the fundamentals of layout/design and able to collaborate with design team
- Fundamental grasp of website content and SEO optimization
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment
- Ability to serve as enterprise copy and content trends expert
- Ability to self-manage projects and work within time deadlines
- Ability to identify, recommend, and promote new opportunities for the firm and our clients, including new business prospects, emerging technology, and trends
- Other projects and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor or executive leadership
- University degree in communications, advertising, marketing, English, creative writing or other applicable area
- Multiple years relevant experience, agency environment a plus
GENERAL SKILL SETS
Must have the ability to read, comprehend, and occasionally create: instructions, short correspondence, and memos; research and become an “expert” regarding our clients’ businesses; write reports and research summaries; speak effectively before groups of clients or agency employees.
Can field and offer criticism in a constructive and professional manner. Open to receiving input from diverse group of clients and coworkers with a wide range of background, experience, education, and skill sets.
Mac-based environment; fluency in Microsoft Word is essential, with a high familiarity with Keynote, Google Docs, Sheets. Functioning understanding of Excel and Adobe InDesign. Broader software skills, such as HTML, are a plus.
Google certification will be a mandatory within 90 days.
INTERESTED? Send resumé and work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org